Monday, December 7, 2009

My Fourth...

- Us on the raft for our first rapids. -

Whitewater Rafting Adventure here in Cagayan de Oro.

- Still the same portion of the first rapids. -

What seems to be a scary thing to do for me turned to be challenging and fun. Before, when I knew that there was this rafting adventure in my hometown, I used to just think of how did those people do it? Watching video clips on YouTube did not even help on stopping me to really want to dip into the river with the raft, until April of last year.

- On a calmer side of things. hehe! -

I had been a regular chatter on an mIRC channel and had befriended an American named Allen. Last year, he dropped by to the city and braved the waters of Cagayan de Oro river together with fellow regular chatters as well. On his first trip, i wasn't able to go because of work-related reasons. On his second trip on that same week, i was able to join the fun! And so for last Saturday's trip (Dec. 5), that was Allen's third whitewater rafting adventure and my fourth.

- The group. -

It was my 3rd time to brave on the advanced course of the rafting. Boy, it was fun yet at times i got bored. But getting fun was all up to me then, and so i innovated some ways in which it will be fun. Like standing up on the raft even on the wild rapids. Getting a li'l bit extreme on that.

- We purposedly went back to this. Paddled our way back here to have some fun and splash. -

There were five of us rafters plus two guides on the raft. Me, Allen and three of his girl friends. His three friends are all first-timers in rafting. So, i expected it to be more rough on the water. I got hit a lot of times on my wrists whenever we go through rapids because they stumble anywhere. It's still kinda sore right now, but it's fine.

- One of the rapids that i love. -

The adventure was great after all. Besides, i'm glad i was part of it. All-expenses paid by Allen, that includes the yummy food too after the rafting. We started at 9:30 am and ended up at 1:30 pm.

- Us, on the raft, standing, with Allen our captain! Ü -

My sister invited me to raft with them this coming Saturday. Oh well, i will be glad to be with them! Since last year i wanted to treat them for rafting but they went on with another activity. So, hopefully this Saturday, we, siblings will enjoy rafting together. I'm looking forward for it. 'Til next time.

- Me, already washed-up after the rafting.-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.