Friday, April 10, 2009

04.09.09

Ever wondered why i placed numbers there. Well, it's just kind of a date or something? Yeah, it is!

Anyway, since my Windows-based PC was in anyway disabled by the "April Fools Day" prank to the PCs around the world. It goes to sleep once in awhile or most of the time. What I did was asked my brother to help me install another operating system on my PC. Well, of course partitioned separately with the Windows.

My brother and i decided that we will install Ubuntu on my PC. Well, at first i had a problem with this especially that i am a new user to this OS. At first, it still cranked up because of the bug, maybe. But well, maybe then i don't know how to use it. I can't even connect on the Internet with it, maybe my fault too because i was tweaking some things. I still have to get use to the applications with this one too because for more than a decade, it was Windows and its other applications which i have been used to. I may miss those applications, but well, i may learn some new things with this one.

What made me decide to place Ubuntu here is that...that "April Fools Day Prank" made me piss off with those cranky things. Helpless on what to do with it. Anti-virus and other programs can't take it out. Maybe my fault that i missed updating this PC. I was left alone at home for almost a week with virtually boring things to do.

Now, it is now working and i can get connected on the Internet too. I hope things might get better with this one. Here's a screen shot for you, that's my upper face on this one. Bye for now.

1 comments:

ritzchelle April 10, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

yey! youre back on track!

Post a Comment

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.